Frequently Asked Questions
We have over 500 units so it’s unlikely that we won’t have one available for you at short notice. However, it’s always best to book in advance just to make sure.
Yes, absolutely. In fact, we recommend it. We will be happy to show you around our Macarthur site.
There is no maximum time limit. The minimum time limit though is one month. Even if you only use the unit for a week you will be charged for one full month.
You can rent one of our managed units on a month-to-month basis which makes us ideal for storing seasonal stock.
Narellan Self Storage is the premiere Self Storage facility in the region - however, there are some things that you are not able to store with us. They include:
- Any stolen or illegal goods.
- Combustible, flammable, hazardous or toxic materials like acid, ammunition, asbestos, biological or toxic waste, cleaners, compressed gasses, corrosives, explosives, fertilizers, fireworks, paint, petrol or weapons.
- Plants and animals, either alive or dead. Pets need to be taken to an approved pet shelter.
- You can store canned food products in your Narellan Self Storage unit but any perishable food products like cereals, produce or meats must be stored elsewhere. Products like these will rot and attract rats.
If you’re not sure please ask our staff for advice.
You certainly can. We have a variety of stock which you can view here
No, but we can put you in touch with moving companies in the area. We are right next door to Camden Hire, too!
We also provide a fully enclosed, courtesy trailer to any customer renting one of our storage units (subject to availability).
We also have managed units. Our staff can take receipt of your goods and pack them in your unit for you.
We have moving trolleys in each of the corridors for you to use to make moving items easier.
We’ve been in the storage business since 2000 so we have many good tips on how to pack your belongings in order to keep them in pristine condition, as well as tips on how to pack your unit to get maximum benefit from the space available. Ask one of our professional staff members for tips and they will be delighted to help you. Here a few tips to ensure that your valuables are correctly packed and are well protected whilst in storage:
Use storage pads or mirror boxes to wrap mirrors and pictures.
Label all boxes on several sides with the room and the breakability of the contents. This makes it easier to find and unpack boxes at your new home.
If possible, take tables and shelves apart and store them on their sides. As with all your other goods, wrap them carefully and label each piece.
Sealing your boxes with packing tape helps to keep dust out as well as adding strength when stacking for storage.
It’s a good idea, not just from a safety aspect but also for the longevity of your lawn mowers and power equipment to drain any petrol from them. To prevent metal tools, bicycles and other equipment from rusting we suggest wiping them with a few drops of machine oil.
Refrigerators, freezers and washing machines, need to be thoroughly cleaned and free of water, including in the pipes, to prevent any water damage.
- Pack the longer items like mattresses, beds and table tops along the walls of your unit to protect them and leave space for other items. Use pads and covers to protect your mattresses and table tops.
- Refrigerators and freezers can develop mould and terrible odours if they are not switched on and the doors are kept shut. As you can’t switch them on in your unit make sure the doors are slightly ajar once they are stored. They make good storage spaces as well. Think of using all your containers as storage spaces.
- Leave a clear aisle down the centre of your unit as this will give you easy access to all your items.
- The rear of your unit is where you should store valuables such as electronic equipment.
- If there are items you’ll need to access while they are stored with us then stack these at the front of your unit.
- Couches should be stored standing on end, unless they are sofa beds as this will damage the mechanism. If you can’t dismantle your shelving units then use them as storage space.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to take some of the headaches out of moving and storing your goods. However, the best thing you can do is store your goods in a secure, custom-built storage facility such as Narellan Self Storage.
You can pay in a variety of ways: Cash, cheque, EFTPOS or direct deposit. If you’d like to pay by credit card we accept Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard and AMEX.
It depends on the size of the unit. Our units come in a variety of sizes from 1.5m2 to 11m x 9m. Our Space Estimator will help you decide on which unit will be best for you. If you need help, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly and efficient staff members for assistance.
Once you’ve decided on which unit you’ll need we will be happy to give you a quote. Simply complete the form on our Contact us page or give us a call (02) 4647 9222 and we will get right back to you with an obligation-free quote.
All our prices, whether they are on our quotes or our website are inclusive of GST.
For your peace of mind we provide PIN code entry and exit to the site, 24 hour Camera surveillance, after-hours security guards and padlocks on each individually alarmed unit provide a high level of security. You can bring your own padlock or you can purchase it from our office.
Our offices hours are from 8.00am, to 5pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 4pm on Saturdays but you can have access to your unit whenever you need it.
We recommend people get insurance for their goods while they are stored with us.